How to penetrate the Iranian market as part of a leading French dairy manufacturers expansion strategy into the Middle East.
- How to import funds?
- How to finance CAPEX?
- Due diligence & market risk
- Identified six potential joint venture partners
- Conducted a ranking of the six
- Advised, negotiated & closed the JV between Groupe Bel and Iranian dairy manufacturer
- Obtained FIPPA license to protect importation of equity from political risk (expropriation and repatriation)
- Cash contribution from Bel
- Cash-in-kind (equipment) contribution from the Iranian side
- Managed due diligence (audit and tax)
- Performed market study on the white cheese
- Conducted commercial due diligence
- Drafted shareholders’ agreement
- Structured call options, drag along rights
- Negotiated & obtained board majority control for Bel